1. What is Yali's question? What is Diamond's answer?
2. Give one example which supports Diamond's answer.
3. List the order of the richness of the continents, according to Diamond, of continental differences in the wild plant and animal species available as starting materials for domestication.
4. In what ways does excess food production develop a society?
5. What does Diamond mean by 'diffusion and migration'? Describe the advantages of each continent for this variable
6. What is the third factor?
7. Why is an increased population base an advantage? Give one example.
8. What would Diamond like to see History turn into?
9. What would a historian who had lived at any time between 8500 B.C. and A.D. 1450, have predicted for the future of the continents?
10. What happened to the cause the Fertile Crescent to lose its natural advantages?
11. Why did China lose its ”lead”? (couple of reasons)
12. What advantages did Europe have over China? (a few things)
13. Give two examples of cultural variables which play a part in answering Yali's question
14. What does Diamond think about the effects of individuals on history?
15. What problems do historians have with proving cause and effect?